“EXIST IN PHOTOS, LONG AFTER THE DANCEFLOOR IS EMPTIED, AFTER THE FLOWERS HAVE DRIED. LONG AFTER THE CAKE HAS BEEN EATEN AND THE DRINKS HAVE BEEN DRUNK, YOUR PHOTOS REMIND YOU OF THE MEMORIES FROM THE DAY. TO LOOK BACK WITH FONDNESS AND REMINISCE IN OLD AGE. FOR CHILDREN TO KEEP FONDLY AND ANCESTORS TO THEN STORE TO SHOW HOW YOU CELEBRATED, WHAT YOU WORE AND THE DECOR.” -
CLAIRE BASIUK PHOTOGRAPHY ETHOS
A Little Bit About Me
Hi! I’m Claire and before we get chatting all things wedding here is a little about me.
- I have an adorable Beagle called Sulley; I created him his own instagram profile and he still takes up 90% of my personal instagram feed.
- My husband and I are addicted to Pixar films, we planned a pixar inspired wedding and named our dog after Sullivan from Monsters Inc.
- I have an unhealthy addiction to Cadbury chocolate.
- I’m currently trying to make the move from cider to Ale, but you’ll still find me choosing a nice cold Rekorderlig at the bar.
- I buy notebooks and planners on a monthly bases because I love how pretty they are. I’m addicted to Pinterest and anything house related.
- I Love lush, wild flowers with my favourites being ranunculus, Astilbes and eucalyptus.
- I adore evenings in with tasty food and Netflix binging, find Thomas Shelby’s accent in Peaky Blinders strangely attractive. I enjoy having friends round for evenings in and catching up and have a small understanding of the rules and play of American Football.
- I love hot chocolate and marshmallows, cheesy christmas movies, the entire soundtrack to guardians of the galaxy and a cheese and ham toastie made by my husband.
HOW I WORK
I’m a manchester girl, now based in Cheshire but shoot weddings all over the world... I would never describe my approach as a fly on the wall; I want to get to know you and your guests. Be a part of your day in doing so I believe I will capture your friends and family as they are. The fun and laughter, the banter and the mischief, whatever your friends and family are up to; however they are enjoying your day I want them to be relaxed and involve me in those moments so you have images which when you look back on you’ll be able to relive those moments and memories again and again through your photographic gallery.
I keep it simple, I just want you to have fun and capture that.
Random fact of the day, I have an unhealthy addiction to my job. Since the first wedding I shot I have loved every minute of it, whether it’s a wedding in the city, up in the lake district or in the south of france; I love how every wedding is unique and truly represents you as a couple from your colour scheme to your decor, music choices and attire. No other wedding will ever be like yours. Each wedding I strive to push myself creatively and aim to get you a gallery of images as unique as your day.
Still with me? Fantastic…this is my story in a nutshell.
I studied photography at university, gaining a Bachelor of Arts with honours degree. When I graduated I jumped straight into photography working mainly within the fashion industry at the time. I shot my first wedding in 2012. Since then I have been regional finalist twice for the Best Photographer award at the UK Wedding Industry Awards and nominated as female wedding photographer of the year in the Great Northern Wedding Awards 2016.
In 2016/2017 Beaverbrooks the jewellers used a selection of my images nationally within their store windows and in house marketing.