What Happens Next?
IN THE RUN UP TO THE WEDDING:
- Think about whether you'd like a pre-wedding shoot. These can be a great opportunity for you to relax in front of the camera and get some awesome photos of the two of you before the big day. The shoot only lasts an hour or so, and I normally shoot on weekday evenings or earlier as I tend to be shooting weddings at the weekend. If this is something you'd like just pop an email through and I'll get you all booked in.
- Don't be a stranger! If you have any questions at all, no matter how big or small, I adore hearing how you're getting on with your planning and will always ensure I get in touch a couple of month's ahead of your day to touch base.
- If you'd like any recommendations for other suppliers I have a number of recommendations at the bottom of this page of wonderful suppliers whom I have had the pleasure of working alongside on a number of weddings.
- Have a think about the timings of your day - I've included a rough mock up timeline based on average wedding timings to show you how your day could flow
10:30am: I'll arrive for bridal preparations usually an hour and a half before you set off to your ceremony
12.45pm: Groom & guest shots arriving at church
1.45pm-2pm: Guests mingling with Bride & Groom and confetti shot
2.30pm Arrival at your venue for Reception drinks/group photographs.
4pm: Bride and groom portraits
4.30pm: Wedding breakfast and speeches
6.30pm: Bride and groom evening session perfect at getting a few more shots in the bag
7.00pm: Arrival of evening guests
7.30pm: Cutting of the cake
8.00pm: First Dance ( I usually hang around for a few songs after first dance to get a more complete gallery of your day for you)
- Approximately 4-6 weeks before your wedding I'll ask you to fill in a pre-wedding questionnaire which will give me all of the information needed to make sure everything runs smoothly on your wedding day, and we will also provide you with your final wedding balance invoice which is due 28 days before your wedding. Also this is a perfect opportunity to organise a face to face meeting or Skype/facetime session close to the day to ensure no details have changed.
- Have a think about the group shots you'd like. I normally limit group shots to around 6 variations that take no longer than 25 minutes to complete. I'm more than happy to add more group shots on to this list if this is something you'd like, but I do like to warn couples that it can become stressful and time consuming if there are too many. I've found that the following group shot combinations work really well:
Big group shot
Bride, Groom + both sets of parents
Bride + Groom with Bride's parents
Bride + Groom with Groom's parents
Bride, Groom + Siblings
Bride, Groom + Grandparents
Bride + Bridesmaids
Groom + Groomsmen
Bride, Groom, Bridesmaids + Groomsmen
AFTER YOUR WEDDING DAY ...
Whilst you're away on your honeymoon I will be busy editing your images :-) with the aim of teasing you with 3 sneak peeks via my Facebook page to keep you enticed whilst you enjoy your much needed break.
Within 4 weeks of your full set of edited images will be uploaded to your own personal, password protected online album. Your USB of images will also be packaged up and popped into the post within 8 weeks of your wedding, so that you can get busy printing!
If you've opted for a keepsake, I'll then design a proof album for you and email it over to you. It's no problem at all to make changes to these designs :-) As soon as you guys give the go ahead your album should be ready within 8-12 weeks.
ON YOUR WEDDING DAY ...
I normally arrive for bridal preparations approximately 1.5 hours before the ceremony, I find this gives me plenty of time to capture you getting ready along along with any desired detail shots you would like, whilst also getting your friends and family there used to my presence on the day.
I would say my style is candid, documentary 'story-telling' approach. My aim is to capture your day as honest and true as possible, the real emotions of the day, your guests in a natural way and the love between you both. There are moments in the day where slight posing is required primarily group formal portraits but my aim is to make it as relaxed and enjoyable as possible.
I will normally be with you for around 30 minutes after your first dance, to hopefully capture friends and family on the dance floor with you and a few funny or memorable dance floor antic shots to finish off your gallery.
WE DON’T LIKE HAVING OUR PICTURE TAKEN, WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT THIS?
Don’t worry! Very few people like having their picture taken! I'm here to put you at ease and capture you both at your best.
HOW MANY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL WE SEE FROM OUR WEDDING?
In my packages I normally deliver a minimum of 350, however I often exceed this with all the gorgeous moments, and details at the venue and guests I shoot. So if I think it's a lovely image I'll edit it and you guys will have it....there's no maximum limit to what I'll send over! So be prepared for lots of wedding joy!
WHEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO SEE OUR PHOTOGRAPHS?
I normally can't contain myself when I get home from a wedding and I always try to show a sneak peak of your day as soon as I am able. The rest of your images will be uploaded to a private gallery so you can share the link and password with all your guests, this is usually within 4 weeks. You'll also receive your 'Wedding Pack' through the post within 8 weeks, containing your USB of images.
WHAT IF WE'VE OPTED FOR A KEEPSAKE?
After you've had time to look over and relive your day I'll create a proof keepsake for you to check over. It's absolutely no problem to make changes to these designs. I want your album to be perfect for you!
HOW LONG WILL OUR KEEPSAKE TAKE TO ARRIVE?
The design process can vary as i ensure you check over each proof and changes made until you are happy with the final proof. From the date of approving your design your album will take approximately 8 weeks to be fully completed. You can either collect your album in person or I can post it to you. It is standard to receive your album within 10-18 months of your wedding date, depending on how speedily you complete your interview and approve the proof.
CAN WE PRINT FROM OUR USB?
HELL YEAH! All I ask is that you only print images for your own personal use, that you don't use them for any commercial purpose.
DO YOU HAVE INSURANCE?
Yes. I have public liability and professional indemnity insurances...hopefully it won't be needed though.
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND A PRE-WEDDING SHOOT?
A pre-wedding shoot is perfect for anyone who is nervous about being photographed. It's a really informal and fun, and by the end of it you'll have a gorgeous selection of pre wedding shots to get you excited for what's to come from your wedding. It's totally up to you though to decide whether this is something you'd like to go for!
WHAT DO WE DO IF IT RAINS?
The joy of the British weather, sometimes is does rain! However in my experience it is very unlikely that it will rain for the entire day, and so there will be pockets of time where we can go outdoors to capture your bride and groom portraits or your group shots. It is advisable to have a couple of umbrellas on hand though, and possibly a spare pair of shoes that you don't mind getting a little damp or muddy!
However if it does rain continually throughout the day then I do have the tools to ensure we get just as cool and diverse a selection of shots indoors as outdoors.
WHAT DO WE DO IF WE'D LIKE ANY SPECIFIC SHOTS?
If you've found some specifics shots on Pinterest or have seen something you'd like to recreate send it over to me and we can arrange he best way to do it on the day. I love getting extra creative with images and techniques and adore seeing what has caught your eye.
CAN OUR GUESTS TAKE THEIR OWN PHOTOS?
Of course! All I ask is that for your couple shoot it is just you guys and me, as it makes it all much more relaxed.
HOW WILL THE GROUP SHOTS WORK?
I like to work to a pre arranged list so you guys don't have to worry about trying to organise something on the day. This is where your lovely bridesmaids and groomsmen come in handy fetching that uncle at the bar or helping grandma over for her picture. I try and keep formal groups shots as snappy as possible so everyone can get back to enjoying themselves
WHAT DO YOU DO ABOUT EATING ON THE DAY?
I'm more than happy to provide my own food ... but of course, I'd never turn down a delicious meal!
Flossy & Leigh
Michael Mulholland Live Acoustic Singer + DJ
The Flower Lounge
Loveli - Design for Love + Life
Stacey Duffy @ The Hair Room
Sam Fitton Magician